Next Steps for Accepted Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Georgia State Intensive English Program! The following steps will help you through the post-arrival process.
- Activate your CampusID and Password. Your Panther ID is the nine-digit number located on your acceptance letter (ex. 002-12-3456). Click on “More Information on First-Time CampusID Activation” get started. Follow the directions on the screen. Remember to record the answers to your questions.
- Set up your Georgia State e-mail account. Set this up right away to make sure you’re on track. Remember that Georgia State will send all important e-mails to your Georgia State e-mail address.
- If you are interested in on-campus housing, you must apply online after acceptance to the IEP. The IEP does not arrange housing for its students.
- Submit required immunization for MMR, Tetanus/Diphtheria, Varicella and Hepatitis B before arrival, if possible: Fax or scan the completed immunization form to 404-413-1955 or scan to email@example.com prior to class registration. Visit University Health Services. If you applied for on campus housing, you must also obtain the meningitis vaccine.
- Read about Georgia State’s health insurance options and health insurance requirements for F-1 and J-1 students . As of January 2014, most vaccinations in the University Health Clinic are now free of charge after setting up your Georgia State health insurance.
- Plan your transportation and parking. All Georgia State students are allowed to bring vehicles on campus. For more information about parking fees, MARTA and shuttle services, please visit http://services.gsu.edu/. Students who wish to park vehicles in the University Commons will inquire through their housing application.
After you receive your visa, submit your “Confirmation of Attendance” to firstname.lastname@example.org. We need this information to plan for classes and orientation!